The goal of this thirty-day learning passport is to use the Scriptures as our GPS on an epic journey from our hometowns to the Land of Enough. We will experience what it is like to be a disciple of Christ in other countries. In the process we will get to grow in our contentment. The passport will help you:
- Understand the physical and spiritual needs around the world
- Grow in your ability to sacrifice for brother and sisters in need
- Unite your family with a Family Night Devotional each week
- Embrace a Mission Challenge each day that ties in with the weekly theme
- Enhance the adventure with Web Links that provide additional ways to grow
- Use the practical tips and tools to live a lean life and advance the Kingdom
In the Parable of the Sower, Jesus warns that many who hear the Word will be choked by "life's worries, riches and pleasures." We live in the First World countries are among the wealthiest people in the world and are barraged daily by the world's unending messages: "Make more money! Buy more things! Build bigger houses! Drive nicer cars! Buy recreational toys! And shoes! You need more shoes! You can't afford this? No worries-we have a credit card for you! What's in your wallet?
Joel Nagel's penetrating words are a clarion call to stop, examine ourselves and make changes–dramatic changes–in the lifestyle decisions we make on a daily basis: the way that we view wealth, the way that we live and the way that we share the resources that God so graciously pours out on us.
As a powerful voice from a new generation of evangelists, Joel has written for us a courageous challenge to the status quo, a vigorous call to disciples all over the world who live in a land of plenty to move–on a heart level–to the land of enough.