10 Commandments and 7 Deadly Sins of Bible Study.
Regardless of how experienced or inexperienced you are at reading the Bible, you can benefit from the principles set forth in this book. It is not exhaustive in what it attempts to cover, but it provides a framework in which to consider our own personal Bible study habits, expectations, efforts and the ability to put what we learn into practice. As Christians and disciples of Jesus Christ, we should never stop being in our very essence learners as we continue to learn from the greatest teacher, our Lord Jesus.
Jon presents succinct and practical guidelines to make Bible reading a life-changing, exciting and even pleasurable endeavor. He discusses:
- The need to actually read and the power of consistency
- Letting the word guide you into all truth
- The necessity of obedience to what we read
- Using the proper tools to correctly interpret the Scriptures
- When and where to get help when it seems confusing and unclear
- How to persevere when your study seems lifeless and uninspiring
- The dangers of learning it, but not living it
- When to use a commentary and what versions are the best
- Resources available online, in Bibles, reference works, and in books
- ...and much more.