How can we share our faith in Jesus with a person who has no basis for belief that God exists? How can we establish the inspiration of the Bible for people who do not even understand the concept of authority? How are we going to explain Christian faith in a postmodern world which has abandoned the idea of truth? Cleary, the solution is not simply to read a passage of scripture and explain it. We need to understand how to defend the Bible and explain the proofs of inspiration.
Biblical Criticism and Inspiration will prepare you to defend the inspiration of the Bible. There are eleven lessons.
- 1. Biblical Criticism History Overview
- 2. The Issue of Objective History
- 3. Old Testament Textual Criticism and Reliability
- 4. New Testament Textual Criticism and Reliability
- 5. Old Testament Source Criticism: The Documentary Hypothesis
- 6. New Testament Source Criticism: The Synoptic Problem
- 7. Form Criticism
- 8. Redaction Criticism
- 9. Tradition Criticism
- 10. The Erosion of Inerrancy in Evangelicalism
- 11. The Jesus Seminar and Radical Higher Criticism